CMHR summer students will receive a maximum of $3000 from CMHR contingent upon a 50:50 match from their supervisor or external sources (i.e. CIHR, NSERC) for a total of $6000 over 14 weeks. ($3000 provided by CMHR, $3000 provided externally)
Summer student applicants are encouraged to also apply for external funding from agencies such as CIHR & NSERC where eligible. Supervisors should note that external awards can be matched with the CMHR Awards for stipend support.
The goals of this program are:
1) To promote student participation in musculoskeletal research;
2) To have students participate in lunch and learn sessions offered every other week;
3) To have students present their results at a summer research symposium;
4) To contribute to publications in peer-reviewed journals, and
5) To encourage students to consider further careers in musculoskeletal health research.
While not required, priority will be given to projects that include a transdisciplinary aspect in the proposed research.
Students in the CMHR Summer Research Program are required to participate in regular meetings over the summer to discuss their projects. In addition, students must participate in Lunch & Learn Sessions provided over the course of the summer as well as prepare and present a power point slide show at the CMHR Summer Research Symposium on August 15, 2017 in Aud B of University Hospital (UH).
Please submit completed forms along with student transcripts electronically via OWL using the following link: https://owl.uwo.ca/portal/site/eb90825f-db22-40a0-b630-71c059086c00
Please refer to the "Resources" tab to find the application form. Once you have completed your application, files can be submitted under the "DropBox" tab.
Application deadline is currently closed